Fall Application | Bear Creek Apartments
Academic Year 2020-2021 Application
When will the application open?
If you are a current residents that wants to
- Stay in your current space you will be able to apply and assign yourself from Jan. 21, 2020 9:00am to Jan. 23, 2020 12:00pm
- Switch rooms you will be able to apply and assign yourself from Jan. 24, 2020 9:00am to Jan. 27, 2020 12:00pm
For new applicants, or current residents that have not taken advantage of the priority assignment period, the application will be available Jan. 29, 2020 9:00am - Feb.12, 2020.
- Students will have from Jan. 29, 2020 9:00 am through Feb.12, 2020 12:00pm to apply to be considered for a random selection.
- Students will be randomly selected, based on the number of vacancies, to proceed to the room selection.
- Students will receive notification by Feb.17, 2020 of their status.
- Feb.18 - Mar. 3, 2020: Students who were selected for the random selection can go back into the application portal and assign themselves to a space.
- Starting Mar. 4, 2020: Application will be open to all applicants for self-assignment pending availability.
When is the move-in?
The move-in date will be August 15, 2020. Please note that your contract; and therefore your charges, will start as of the official move-in day, even if you decide to move in a few days later. You will have to move-in no later than noon on the first day of classes.
What are the contract start and end date?
- Academic Year 2020/2021 (Move-in: August 15, 2020 - Move-out: May 7, 2021)
How do assignments work?
If selected from the random selection process, you will be able to choose and assign yourself to any open space that you would like. If you know the roommate(s) that you would like to live with and they are already assigned or also selected in the random selection process, then we recommend that you all select your room at the same time and communicate with each other about the apartment that you assign yourself to.
If you choose to live in a mixed gender (Co-ed) apartment, then please only apply for this option, if you have enough roommates to fill an entire apartment. You will not be able to assign yourself, if you choose this option! We will only be able to assign you, if you have enough confirmed roommates to fill an entire apartment and if we have an entire apartment available.
In case you run into any problems, or have any questions, please either come by the office, call 303-492-6673 or email StudentHousing@colorado.edu.
What is the availability?
Please inquire about fall 2020 availability by either checking the application portal or by calling 303-492-6673. The application can be accessed at https://hdsapps.colorado.edu/StarRezPortalX/InitiateLogin/StarNet.Core.AuthProviders.Shibboleth or by clicking the Apply button below.
If you see an available space on the Room Selection Page, you will be able to reserve it at that time. When you are looking at an available room, you will be able to peruse the roommate profiles of all applicants in that apartment prior to making your choice.