Request for Housing Accommodations Information | Bear Creek Apartments

The University of Colorado Boulder provides reasonable housing and dining accommodations to residents with disabilities (students, employees and family members of employees). The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defines a disability as a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a person in one or more major life activities. Major life activities are things like walking, talking, sleeping, hearing, seeing, eating, drinking and other tasks essential to day-to-day living. Housing accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis, founded on documented need.

Residents can request housing and dining accommodations within the Bear Creek application. When requesting accommodations, the resident will be asked to select from the category below that best describes the accommodation for which they are seeking additional information:

Room/apartment modifications
Room/apartment reassignment
Dietary limitations—including anaphylaxis food allergies
Visual/hearing impairments (e.g. flashing fire alarm, light up doorbell, etc.)
Assistance/emotional support animal

After submitting a request for accommodation, the resident will receive additional instructions and the “Request for Housing Accommodation Form” via email. This form includes a section to be completed by the resident and a section to be completed by a licensed medical professional. Medical documentation must be submitted to the committee on the forms provided. It is recommended that the resident wait to make an appointment or request documentation from a medical provider until they have received the “Request for Housing Accommodation Form.” 

For academic related accommodations, please visit Disability Services. For questions pertaining to service animals, please visit the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance website. If you have additional questions regarding housing and dining accommodations, please contact the Bear Creek Office at 303-735-2275.